Recently I moved into the heart of Downtown Toronto and believe it or not, this one one of the most difficult experiences I've ever had to face. Not only was apartment hunting a test of my patience (to say the least), but packing and going through the entire process on my own wasn't easy. There were days I couldn't contain my excitement, then there were days where I felt like I wanted to give up, hibernate in bed and run away from the obstacles that were being thrown at me left and right.
Looking back on the experience, moving reinforced something that my parents having been telling me since I was little. Nothing in life worth having comes easy. You have to be persistent, chase after what you want, be proactive and use the right "tools" to make what you want a reality.
As silly as this sounds, one tool that was and absolute game changer for me during my move was the Dyson V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner. Prior to the Dyson, I had a crappy $30 vacuum that barely picked up crumbs off the floor, let alone dust in hard to reach spots. Going from that to something that was able to clean my hard wood floors AND carpet in seconds made me realize what I was missing out on for years.
To understand why I'm such a huge fan of this vacuum, here are some key features of the V8 Absolute:
- Battery runtime: runs for up to 40 minutes, compared to 20 minutes on previous generation machines.
- 2-in-1: a cord-free stick vacuum to clean floors and reach up high, quickly turns into a powerful handheld that you can take to the car, the couch or the stairs.
- Acoustics: Dyson V8 cord-free vacuums are 50 per cent quieter than previous generation machines.
- Shroud wiper: never touch dirt and debris picked up by your vacuum ever again. The V8 features a bin emptying mechanism that slides a tight rubber collar down the shroud for hygienic bin emptying.
- Max mode: offers 115AW of suction for more difficult tasks, activated with an intuitive switch.
- Whole machine filtration: Captures allergens and expels cleaner air. A redesigned post-motor filter is standard on all Dyson V8 machines.
- Versatile cleaner heads: with two Dyson-engineered cleaner heads, the soft roller removes large and small debris from hard floors, while the direct drive cleaner head digs deep into carpets.
Having tested out this vacuum cleaner for a few weeks, I have to say that it helped make my moving process far more seamless. And now that I'm finally settled into my new place, I discovered that it makes cleaning stress-free and as odd as it sounds, enjoyable. That being said, if you have the opportunity to get your hands on a Dyson V8 Absolute, I highly recommend you do so!